- To promote the quality Mandate of the UGC that emphasizes importance of promoting quality research by the faculty members and creating credible research
- To prevent publications in dubious substandard journals which reflect adversely and tarnish the image of research work and thus lead to a long term academic damage.
- To promote high quality publications in reputed journals that would help in achieving higher global ranks and overall improvement of the quality of research and education
- To Develop an approach and methodology for identification of good quality journals. academic evaluations
- To create and maintain a CARE Reference List of Quality Journals for various academic evaluations.
- To promote academic and research integrity and publication ethics..