UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) is a bilateral partnership between UK and India which aims to promote institutional excellence through academic/research linkages and leadership development programme.
University Grants Commission (UGC) and British Council under the auspices of UKIERI is going to deliver a Higher Education Leadership Development programme focusing on training of mid and senior level educational administrators in Universities in India.
In addition to leadership training being provided to top level leaders like Vice-chancellors and academic faculty, higher education sector also needs leadership development for mid and senior levels functionaries so as to bring about a professional transformation of our Universities.
British Council has identified Advanced HE, a UK based not-for-profit institution, specializing in governance and leadership development of higher education for delivering the programme. The programme will be jointly funded under UKIERI.
- Ø Train the academic administrators so as to enable them to bring about systemic changes with renewed approaches, capacity, tools and skills in the higher education institutions
- Ø Identify and train potential future leadership development programme trainers in order to provide a framework for dissemination and cascading of leadership training to other HEIsØCreate and Strengthen sustainable relationship between UK and Indian Higher Education Institutions and utilize UK’s expertise in the field of Higher Education Administration and leadership
WHO CAN APPLY
- Central Universities funded by University Grants Commission
- State Public Universities included under section 2(f) & 12B of the UGC ActTARGET GROUP• Administrative functionaries at the level of Registrar and Joint/Deputy/Assistant Registrar of the eligible Universities
HOW TO APPLY
- Eligible Universities shall apply in the prescribed format (Annexure I)
- Universities shall nominate 3-5 functionaries in order of preference at the level ofRegistrar and Joint/Deputy/Assistant Registrar of the eligible Universities
- To ensure gender diversity on the programme, at least one of the top three nomineesshould be a female.
- The application may be duly forwarded and signed by the Vice Chancellor/authorisedsignatory of the university.
- The filled in application in the form of .pdf file should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for receipt of application is 16th March 2020.GUIDELINES FOR FILLING IN THE APPLICATION
- Section A: Provide basic information like Name, Address, Contact Person, Contact details of your institutions
- Section B: Provide details of 3-5 programme nominees at the level of Registrar and Joint/Deputy/Assistant Registrar. Please provide information about their designation, department, role, strength etc.
- Section C: Statement of support from Vice Chancellor duly signed and stamped and the preference of the nominees must be mentioned. Out of the first three nominees, one nominee should preferably be a female.
- Section D: A brief proposal identifying a real time change project which are strategically improtant to your university. Some of the project theme are mentioned, but are not in any way limited to the same. In case a change project is Not Yet Known please insert “NYK”
- Section E: Please indicate who according to you, among your nominees can be the potential leadership developer. If this is not yet known, please insert “NYK”
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
- The application shall be assessed on the basis of criteria such as Participating Institution’s commitment to the programme; Experience, achievements and potential of the participants; Clarity of programme goals; Potential impact of the programme; and Sustainability and transferability beyond the programme.
- The names of the selected universities and participants along with the schedule of training shall be announced by the end of March 2020.PROGRAMME DELIVERY
- Participants will attend two 5-day blocks of development workshops to be held between April and December 2020 in various locations in India. The dates and venues of workshops shall be communicated later on.
- 30 potential future leadership development programme trainers will be selected amongst the participants.
- The expenditure related to the travel, boarding and lodging of the Indian participants shall be borne by UGC.