We all are going through the most difficult times, which nobody had even thought of. The increasing cases of Coronavirus scaring us, we are locked up in our house, there is a constant tension how to keep us and our family safe. Some of us are alone in their homes, from extroverts we are turning into introverts. All these things leading to a great impact on our mental health which sometimes leads to anxiety and depression. So, it is necessary to stay strong and keep yourself healthy. Here are some ways which help you to keep yourself mentally strong and healthy.
- STAY HAPPY – Try to be happy as much as you can. Pamper yourself. Do whatever you like. Wakeup in the morning, enjoy the sunrise, listen music, dance, read the book with coffee. Make your favourite food. Draw if you enjoy painting. Polish your skills. Get time for your hobbies. Do everything which you are not able to do in your daily busy life
- DO YOGA AND EXERCISE – Exercise and yoga improves both physical and mental health. According to Duane Milder, “Exercise boost levels of serotonine, dopamine and norepinephrine. It gives you a general good feeling about being in control in an otherwise uncontrollable situation. You can’t go to gym but go for a walk on your terrace or parking area. Do yoga in the fresh air. It will boost up your mood and help you to feel happy and stress-free for the whole day.
- DON’T FEEL “YOU ARE ALONE” – We are physically far from each other, not emotionally. Talk to your loved ones. Video call your friends, play games. Spend time with your parents. Don’t feel your are alone. Try to regularly talk to someone who are living alone. It will encourage them and you, and we will together go through this.
- EAT HEALTHY FOOD- Eat food which has lots of vitamins and minerals. Eat vitamin A and vitamin C rich food. It will help you to boost your immunity and protects you from seasonal illness.
- LIMIT THE NEWS- WHAT YOU ARE WATCHING OR READING- We all are scared from what is going around us, but don’t spend a lot of time in watching and reading about Coronavirus. It only increases the mental stress. Also don’t believe on news circulated on social media. Most of the time the news is fake and it leads to a lot of unnecessary stress.
- MAINTAIN POSITIVITY- The most important thing is maintain positivity and never lose hope. Always think that it is all temporary and it will end soon. Think that this is the time when you can spend quality time with your parents, partner, polish our skills, do yoga and exercise, spend time with yourself which is nearly impossible in your daily busy life. Try to look for the positive side of every situation. It will not only help you but your positivity encourage others too, to look for the positive side of the situation.
Try to follow these tips everyday .It will help you to go through this global pandemic. Mental health is as important as physical health. If you are not feeling well don’t hesitate to seek help. We need to keep phisical distancing so it doesn’t mean that you don’t socialise with people. Talk to people and your loved ones. This will surely help you to keep you mentally healthy.