It is easy to urge swayed by the plethora of activities which occur in college. Amidst all this it’s crucial to stay track of the tutorial workload or it’s commonplace to urge caught up by the pressure during the last months of the semester. Check out these tips for effective time management.
1. Write down everythingWith everything going digital, we frequently forget to truly write things down. Be it assignment deadlines or extra classes, writing down saves us from the last moment panic. Keep a separate notebook to write down down everything important. This helps in proper planning and completing the tasks.
2. Cellphone as an efficient toolIt is easy to get lost in the world of endless scrolling in the social networking apps. But with self regulation we can use our mobile phone as our best tool. Keep a copy of the class notes and books in the digital form. This helps in revising things even when books aren’t around.
3. Maintain your healthDo not take your health for granted. Having irregular sleeping habits, improper diets, excessive alcohol and drug usage deteriorate the body slowly. Without proper health, it’s impossible to cope up with college academics, extra-curriculars. Thus your health should be your first priority.
4. Be organizedKeep your things during a way such you are doing not need to spend hours just checking out them. Having books, notebooks, assignment copies in proper places saves tons of your time and helps in completing task faster.
Even for the digital copies, arrange them in proper directories. It is also important to stay only the required items and take away the rubbish .
5. Prioritize your tasksYou should have a clear idea of what to do when. Prioritize your activities. This helps in increasing your overall efficiency. It is okay not to do all those things which others are doing. Focus on your goals and work on reaching them.
Time management is probably the foremost crucial element of productivity and it’s also what we get wrong most of the time. Either we get too aggressive about managing time that we stress ourselves beyond the limit or we abate such a lot that each one the work gets accumulated for the last hour. Try to follow the tips below
1 . Say no to micro and macro managementDo not think too ahead when managing time. In that way all what happens is building castles within the air until all of them break down. Also don’t think too rigorously i.e by every half an hour for what you’ve got to try to to . Set an achievable target consistent with your potential and check out to realize it within the deadline set.
2. Write down the tasksYou can use simple note taking apps like Google Keep to notice down your goals. You can also use a Whatsapp group (where you’re the only member) to stay a note of the essential things. Writing down a task prevents you from forgetting it and acts as a push to finish it.
3. Year, month, week, dayBreak your goal into the months needed to finish it. Then further reduce it into rough plans for weeks. From here you can set your daily targets and work on them. Before getting to sleep, have your targets ready for subsequent day. It will take considerable effort to stick within the first few days but once you begin you’ll adapt to the target.
4. Rewards and buffer timeMicro-rewards for completing every task gives you another reason to end it. It can be anything from eating your favourite ice cream to watch that long awaited movie. Think that you simply wouldn’t roll in the hay until you finish your goal. Apart from this, keep some buffer time within the routine. It adds flexibility to the schedule and may be helpful if you miss the target thanks to some reason. Read this text on additional tips to enhance yourself on a daily basis.
5. Prioritization and Cutoff tasksPrioritise your tasks. Make sure you are doing the foremost important tasks first. People often fall under a trap of finishing the better tasks first, thinking that they had a productive time. But that is only fooling yourself. You know automatically which would be the most challenging task. So confirm that’s finished first at any cost. Manage your tasks well. Apart from this, set a cutoff for every task. This means that albeit the whole task isn’t finished, confirm to end an honest amount of it.
6. Stay clear of toxic activitiesDo not engage in activities that are toxic and unnecessary. They do not increase your growth in any manner and are nothing but wastage of your energy and time. Stay beyond all such things which prevent you from completing your tasks and reduce the general productivity.