What is Online Learning ?
Online Learning, or, e-learning, is the education that is done by, or through the internet. Online learning provides u an institution without the walls, you can learn, study and get certified by just being at your place. It reduces the need of travelling, or the traditional classroom sessions or 8 hours, e-learning gives you the chance to learn from anywhere and at anytime.
Resources you get while learning online:
- Recorded Lectured
- Live Sessions for query
Some disadvantages of Online Leaning.
- Lectures are not downloadable: The lectures available in the online learning platforms are not downloadable, this is not suitable for those who do not have proper network.
- Multiple devices: The same account can be used by multiple users if the id and password is shared.
- Only for certifications: Few users opt the courses just for the sake of getting certificate, they do not have to watch the whole lectures, if they have paid, they will get the certificate.
Some Online Learning Platforms.
- Udemy: It is an American online learning platform, founded in May 2010. Here, the courses are available in 65 different languages, like, English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and etc. Here are several courses available in the field of design, development, marketing, photography, IT and software, personal development, and many more. Total number of instructors teaching in Udemy: 57K Total number of courses available in Udemy: 150K Total number of enrollments in Udemy: 295M
- Coursera: It is founded by Stanford computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller in 2012. You can access it through mobile, and download the lectures and watch them offline, this is a boon for those who don’t have proper network in their area. The courses are available in more than 40 languages with subtitles. Total number of courses available in Coursera: 4,300+ Total number of learners in Coursera: 63M
- Skillshare: It is an American online learning platform, founded in November 2017, by Michael Karnjanaprakorn and Malcolm Ong.There are courses available for designing, business, photography, and etc.
- Byju’s: For students of class 1st to 12th. It was founded in 2011, in India, by Raveendran. It offers learning programs for the students of class 1st to 12th, and aspirants of exams, like, JEE, IAS, NEET.
BEST ONLINE COURSES WHICH WORTH LEARNING.
- Digital Marketing Course: It means the use of internet, mobile, or social media to reach customers.The basics of digital marketing are, social media advertising, social media management, email marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, content marketing, web analytics.
- Data Science Course: It is the study of data, which includes, recording, storing and analyzing the data. Work of data scientists is to do data modeling process, create algorithms and predictive models to extract the data.
- Advanced Microsoft excel: It refers to the features and functions of Microsoft Excel tools, that are required to perform large and complex calculations, data processing, data analysis and better representation of data. In today’s time, many jobs require advanced Excel skills, which includes, data formatting, power query formatting, tables formatting, conditional formatting, advanced charting, and etc.
- Graphic Designing Course: It involves problem solving through typography, photography, iconography and illustrations. in other words, it is the process of visual communication. The graphic designers need to create visual concepts,to communicate ideas with the consumers.
- Content Writing Course: It is the process of planning, writing and editing the content, or we can say the web content. It includes, writing blog posts, articles, or content for specific platform.