Firstly lets understand what is interpersonal relationship.An interpersonal relationship can develop between any of the following:
- Individuals working together in the same organization.
- People working in the same team.
- Relationship between a man and a woman (Love, Marriage).
- Relationship with immediate family members and relatives.
- Relationship of a child with his parents.
- Relationship between friends.
Relationship can also develop in a group (Relationship of students with their teacher, relationship of a religious guru with his disciples and so on)
Must have in an Interpersonal Relationship
- Individuals in an interpersonal relationship must share common goals and objectives. They should have more or less similar interests and think on the same lines. It is always better if individuals come from similar backgrounds.
- Individuals in an interpersonal relationship must respect each other’s views and opinions. A sense of trust is important.
- Individuals must be attached to each other for a healthy interpersonal relationship.
- Transparency plays a pivotal role in interpersonal relationship. It is important for an individual to be honest and transparent.
Lets look at the importance of interpersonal relations at the work place: