Expect free and fair probe in Sushant Singh Rajput case: Prakash Javadekar

Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that he expects a free and fair probe into the actor Sushant Singh Rajput death case to ensure the truth comes out. He was speaking at the Vision Maharashtra event organised by a Marathi news channel in Mumbai. He said that talent should get scope in the film industry.

Meanwhile, amid growing demand for a CBI probe into the actor’s death, Maharashtra minister Jayant Patil said the Mumbai police are investigating the Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case and it is expected they will arrive at a conclusion soon.

On the other hand, actor Shekhar Suman met Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari yesterday to demand a CBI inquiry in the matter.

Actor Rhea Chakraborty, who has been accused by Sushant Singh Rajput’s family of abetting the actor’s suicide, has broken her silence in the case. In a video statement released through her lawyers, Chakraborty said she has faith in the judiciary and said that the truth shall prevail.

Rajput, who was dating Chakraborty, was found dead at his Bandra residence on June 14. Over a month after the 34-year-old actor’s death, his father lodged a police complaint in Patna on Tuesday against Chakraborty.

The Mumbai police have so far recorded statements of around 40 people, including those of Rajput’s family, his cook and several Bollywood personalities.

Categories: News