“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
― Henry Wads worth Longfellow
We are living in a world where physical fitness had become more important without caring for one’s mental health.
In the race of achieving everything, we have forgotten to look after our well being and to feed our brain with good thoughts. Being mentally stable is what is required to have a peace of mind and it contributes towards satisfaction of oneself.
The COVID-19 had too negatively affected the lives of many people and created new barriers. Many people are suffering from many mental issues during this pandemic period.
There lies a difference in being sad and being depressed;
Sadness is for a particular instance that happened due to some ill happening or due to mood changes but depression is a long term phenomenon, overthinking and negative perspective towards everything could be the major causes. Depression could often lead to suicidal thoughts which could grow intense during the time. Depression can cause tiredness and deprival in day to day task performed.
Here are some steps that we all can follow to feel better and lively every passing day :
- Take time out for yourself no matter how small, talk to yourself about the happenings of the day.
- Get up early in the morning and practice some yoga and meditation to make your mind still and calm.
- Do not disturb your sleeping cycle and try to drink hot milk before sleeping.
- Think of one good thing that happened in the day and show some interest in nature.
- Talk to people around you maybe they are friends,family or relatives just share what you feel inside.
- Eat healthy try to have a balanced diet.
- Avoid much use of social media platforms which make you feel toxic from inside.
- Spend time with your family maybe watching a movie together or just by sitting together having lunch.
- Try to ignore unnecessary things which make you feel sad.
- Watch motivational videos and movies to help you keep going.
It is alright to speak about your emotions to anyone. No one in this world is completely free from stress and anxiety. Everyone have certain issues of their own. It is better to think that you are not the only person surviving everyone does it help you to have a positive outlook towards life,
If still, you face problems do not hesitate to visit a doctor and have a regular checkup.
Always remember the most important person is you take care of yourself in every way possible . life is just a game and you are fighting for survival. losing is easy but winning takes real courage.
“Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future to keep growing.” – Swami Sivananda