We all know the popular saying “Health is Wealth”. Here health means both mental and physical health along with social well being. “It is health which is real wealth and not piece of gold and silver ” said Mahatma Gandhi. The cure for all diseases are present in and around us. Infact it’s better to prevent than to suffer from diseases later. Here is a few importance of certain llano product used in medicine.
Neem – Azadirachta indica
- The leaves of Neem are dried and places know cupboard to prevent the attack of insects on clothes.
- It is also dried and burnt to keep away mosquitoes.
- Neem products are believed by Siddhartha and Ayurvedic practitioners tinbekantidde Anthelmintic, antifungal, antidiabedtic, antibacterial, antiviral, contraceptive and sedative. It is particularly prescribed for skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis etc.
- It is a key ingredient in non-pestidical management, providing a natural alternative to synthetic pesticides.
- Neem does not directly kill insects on the crop. It acts as an anti-judant, repellent and egg lying deterrant, protecting the crop from damage. It suppress the growth/hatching of pest insects from their eggs.
Long Pepper – Pipper Longum (Hippli)
- It is most widely used in Ayurvedic herbs.
- It enhances digestion, assimilation and metabolism of the food.
- It is also used to cure cough and throat pain, rheumatism, leprosy.
- The herb is mixed with honey to control hiccups.
- Women use it to treat menstrual cramps, infertility.
- It is known to contain the chemical compound piperlongumine, which shown activity against many cancers including prostate, breast, lung, lymphoma, leukemia, primary brain and gastric cancer.
Black Pepper – Piper nigrum
- This is the king of species.
- Dried ground pepper has been used since antiquity both for it’s flavour and as a traditional medicine.
- The use of black pepper know diet helps to promote weight loss, improve digestion, relieve a cough and cold, boost metabolism and treat skin problems.
- It treat sinus, asthama and nasal congestion.
- It reduces of risk of cancer and heart and liver ailments.
- The antibacterial property of black pepper helps to fight against infections and insect bites.
- Pepper added to the diet helps to keep your arteries clean by acting a similar way to fiber and scrapping excess cholesterol from the walls, thereby helping to reduce antherosclerosis, the condition highly responsible for heart attack and stroke.
Ginger – zinigber officinale
- This is extremely useful herb used to relieve patients suffering from dyspepsia, flatulence, vomiting, spasms, colic and other stomach problems.
- Chewing piece of ginger regulatly can help in relieving problems of excessive secretion of salvia, volatile oil and diastase enzyme.
- The juice if ginger mixed with honey, taken 3 to 4 times a day helps to relieve cough.
- Fresh ginger juice with a cup of fenugreek and honey makes a good diaphoretic mixture to relieve swearing and reduce fever in patients suffering from influenza.
- It acts as expectorant in relieving asthma, cough and tuberculosis.
- The decoction of a piece of ginger with a cup of boiled water and little sugar is used to relieve menstrual problems. Consumed 3 times daily for relieving painful irregular menstruation.
Garlic – Allium Sativum
- Raw garlic could help to cure lung infection.
- It was used as bug – repellent, against plague and Egyptians even burried it along with their dead.
- The high sulphur content in garlic gives it antibiotic property, helping to keep the digestive system clean by flushing out toxins.
- It also builds the immunity against cold and prevents heart ailments by cleaning up blocked arteries.
- It also acts as a blood purifier.
- Consuming garlic on a daily basis in food or raw helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti oxidant properties of Allium.
- A garlic based mouthwash in a very small quantity of its extract is sufficient to ward off cavity causing bacteria.
- Rubbing crashed garlic extract in scalp or massaging with garlic infused oil is known to prevent and even reverse hair loss.
Yestimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- The root is beneficial in treatment of cough, cold and bronchial irritations.
- It is beneficial to treat eczema, skin rashes, itchy and dry skin.
- Relieves acidity and constipation.
- Treats ulcers.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Alleviates menopause problems.
- Promotes oral health.
Nutmeg – Myristica fragrans
- It can effectively stimulate the brain. It can help to eliminate fatigue and stress.
- It also improves concentration.
- It used to cure muscle pain, arthritis, sores and other aliments.
- It received stomach aches by removing the excess of gas from intestine. It also boost appetite.
- It helps to achieve smoother and healthier skin.
- If difficulty to sleep at night, a cup of milk along with little nutmeg powder is consumed.
Amla – Phylianthus embica
- Amla juice is best tonic to make us look younger.
- It is the integral component of Triphala, an Ayurvedic, formulation, used to care many diseases.
- It balances 3 disorder – vattha, Pittha and Kapha.
- It prevents cancer due to the presence of some important polyphenosis.
- Drinking of Amla juice prevents hair loss, dandruff and split ends.
- Paste of Amla helps to grow the hair thicker and darker.
- It is also applied on face to fight wrinkles, pimples, acne etc,.
- It is good for weight loss and fat burning.
- It also prevents eye