India on Saturday issued fresh guidelines of lock down in ‘Unlock 4’, allowing opening up of more activities in areas outside the containment zones, marking gradual opening of the country and economy amid coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak. Many features of this unlock down had changed or improved than previous ones. New guidelines had make many shut down industry to give a new start. According to MHA the new guidelines are based on feedback received from states and UTs and extensive consultations held with related central ministries and departments.
Here is the list of institutions which are free to have a start-
- Metro trains will be allowed to resume services in a graded manner from September 7.
- Open air theaters will be allowed to open from September 21.
- Social, academic, sports, entertainment, political, cultural and religious functions and gatherings will be allowed with a maximum of 100 people from September 21. Face masks and social distancing are however mandatory in all such gatherings.
- No restrictions on inter-state and intra-state movement of people and goods. No separate permission or e-permits will be required.
- Schools and educational institutions will remain shut till September 30 and online classes will continue. However students of classes 9 to 12 may be permitted to visit their schools, outside containment zones only, to take teachers’ guidance. This will require a written consent of their parents.
- 50 per cent of teaching and non-teaching staff can be called to schools at a time for online teaching.
- Skill or entrepreneurship training will be allowed in institutes registered with the government.
- Research scholars and post-graduate students of technical and professional programmers who need laboratory practicals will be permitted by the government.
- Movie theaters, swimming pools, entertainment parks will remain shut.
- International air travel of passengers will remain banned, except for those allowed by the centre.
- Only essential services will be allowed in containment zones. Lock down will continue in the containment zones till September 30.
This is a huge step taken by centre to create an environment of safety and spirit to fight this virus. The wait for vaccine is still not known but one thing which we all can do is to follow these guidelines to keep our self and others safe.