Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on August 31 via Twitter wished good luck to students preparing for JEE examinations which are going to commence from September 01.
“I wish best of luck to all students who are going to appear for the JEE tomorrow. I am also glad that over 7,77,465 have downloaded their admit cards. I have spoken to the CMs of most states to ensure that students don’t face problems,” Ramesh Pokhriyal said in a tweet.
“I have spoken and appealed to the Chief Ministers of most states to help students in their states and I am sure that the SOPs issued by the Health, Education and Home Ministries will be followed,” Mr Pokhriyal said in a video he tweeted last night. He also added “JEE and NEET had to be postponed several times due to the coronavirus pandemic. JEE and NEET exams are being held to ensure that students don’t lost a year. I am happy that nearly all students have downloaded their admit cards and there is enthusiasm among students.”
Meanwhile, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has said that the Indian Railways has allowed students and their guardians to travel by special suburban services in Mumbai on exam days.
“Supporting students appearing for NEET and JEE exams, Railways has permitted them, and their guardians to travel by special suburban services in Mumbai on exam days. General passengers are requested not to commute,” Goyal said.
Following steps will be taken at all exam centers so as to not put a students life in danger:
1) As per the COVID guidelines, the seating area will be sanitised before each shift starts. And the gap between 2 seats will be maintained.
2) The NTA has already said that the hand sanitisers will be available at entry points for candidates and centre staff.
3) For social distance, students need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time.
4) Candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before their entry into the exam hall.
Guidelines that Candidates need to follow:
1) Students need to reach the exam centres at least 30 minutes before the reporting time.
2) Students need to carry all the important documents to the exam hall. They also need to make sure that they carry JEE Main 2020 hall ticket.
3) And lastly to stay calm and confidently write the examinations.
The National Testing Agency (NTA)has scheduled JEE Main to be held from September 1 to 6 while NEET to be held on September 13. The JEE Advanced on September 27. These exams were postponed twice this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.