After filing several petitions by students, Politicians to postpone engineering, medicine entrance examinations due to COVID—19 ,the High court after ensuring if all the safety measurements taken by the managements of both the departments are good enough, had made a clear statement that there will be no further postpones of entrance examinations as that would have a major effect on students’ career. So the engineering entrance examination JEE MAIN tends to start from 1st September 2020 and will continue till 6th September 2020. The examination mode is online as usual.
The schedule for the exam sessions is as follows:
- B. Arch exam is scheduled on 1st September 2020. Students taking B. Arch exam are divided into two shifts i.e., 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- B. Tech exams are scheduled from 2nd September 2020 to 6th September 2020 and the timings are same as that of B. Arch.
Usually till now the students are informed to take their admit card, aadhar card and not anything like pen, plank, water bottle, rough papers as those will be provided by the authorities at the examination center. But in 2020, in order to ensure the safety of the students, the rules at the examination centers are changed by NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (NTA) due to COVID-19.
- The body checking will be with with metal detectors instead of manual checking.
- Students are strictly ordered to throw their masks which they carried from their home to the examination center and should go into the hall with the mask given by the authorities.
- Students are allowed to take their own water bottles and sanitizers.
- Students are not allowed to take their admit card out from the hall but have to show it to the authorities and throw it in the dustbin there itself.
- Students are required to sign a declaration form with their photograph stating that they are not the victims of corona virus.
- The gates will be closed before half an hour of exam time.
- Five A4 size sheets will be kept at each candidate desk for rough work. if additional sheets are required for rough work by the candidate, the same shall be made available on demand.
- Before each shift starts seating area will be thoroughly sanitized-monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. Candidates can further sanitize with sanitizers bought with them.
- Candidates are required to paste a photograph and sign the attendance sheet only after sanitizing their hands.
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move in an orderly manner one candidate at a time.
- Candidates must drop the Admit Card and rough sheets in the advised boxes after displaying to the staff available next to the drop box. If any candidate misses to drop Admit Card or Rough sheets in boxes, action which also includes disqualification from the exam can be taken against him/her.
For any further details, updates, date of declaring results visit official website of NTA www.nta.ac.in
The B. Arch exam is going to be held in 224 cities all over India in 489 different centers. Among the 8,58,273 applications of JEE-MAIN 1,10,000 students are going to take B. Arch on 1st September 2020.
The results for JEE-MAIN will be declared within a week or 10days after the last session. The qualified students of JEE-MAINS will be eligible to take JEE-ADVANCED.
All the Indian students who are eligible to take JEE-Advanced need to start the registration from Saturday, September 12, 2020. The exam will be held on Sunday, September 27, 2020.the examination consists of two papers (paper 1 and paper 2) and students have to take both the papers compulsory. The schedule for JEE-Advanced is as follows:
|Date of Examination||Sunday, September 27,2020|
|Paper 1||09:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Paper 2||02:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
The Schedule will remain same even though September 27, 2020 is declared as a public holiday.
All PwD candidates are eligible for 1 hour compensatory time for both the papers.
JEE-Advanced 2020 registration for foreign nationals who have studied (are studying) abroad at 10+2 level or equivalent will start on Saturday, September 5, 2020.
For further details and updates regarding JEE-Advanced 2020 visit the official website www.jeeadv.ac.in