With everything getting Digital, how can marketing remain on a traditional level ? Marketing has also entered into the world of being digital. Almost all the businesses now from micro to macro have started selling themselves on the digital platform. For the same purpose of increasing their market share, to expand their customer base, to increase their sales, to maximise profits, for customer retention etc.
What is Digital Marketing ? Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers. Digital marketing has a lot of advantages and big companies like Myntra, Flipkart, Amazon use this platform way more effectively and enjoy a great ride throughout their business journey.
Digital Marketing involves a lot of channels such as :
- Search Engine Optimization ( SEO) : This is the process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include websites, blogs, and infographics.
- Content Marketing : This term denotes the creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers.
- Social Media Marketing : This practice promotes your brand and promotes your brands on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Pay per Click : PPC is a method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked.
- Email Writing : Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is often used to promote content, discounts and events, as well as to direct people toward the business’s website.
- Online PR : Online PR is the practice of securing earned online coverage with digital publications, blogs, and other content-based websites. It’s much like traditional PR, but in the online space.
The above are some examples of how a digital marketer moves through it’s ways of promoting his business from one platform to another . AFTERALL, IN A MARKET WHERE CONSUMER IS THE KING NOW, YOU HAVE TO BE HIS FAVOURITE JACK.