The National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) is the entrance examination in India that provides admission into Under Graduate courses MBBS, BDS. The NEET examination is currently conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) which provides results to the Directorate General of Health Services at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
There will be total 180 questions asked in the exam, 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry, 90 questions from Biology. The questions are Multiple Choice. Each correct response gets 4 marks and there will be -1 negative marking for incorrect response. The exam is for 720 marks and duration is 3hrs (180 mins).
Here are the fee details of NEET Application as of 2020:
After filing several petitions by students, Politicians to postpone engineering, medicine entrance examinations due to COVID—19 ,the High court after ensuring if all the safety measurements taken by the managements of both the departments are good enough, had made a clear statement that there will be no further postpones of entrance examinations as that would have a major effect on students’ career. At last, it was decided that the medical entrance examination NEET will be conducted on Sunday, 13th September, 2020.
Usually till now the students are informed to take their admit card, aadhar card and not anything like pen, plank, water bottle, rough papers as those will be provided by the authorities at the examination center. But in 2020, in order to ensure the safety of the students, the rules at the examination centers are changed by NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (NTA) due to COVID-19.
- The body checking will be with with metal detectors instead of manual checking.
- Students are strictly ordered to throw their masks which they carried from their home to the examination center and should go into the hall with the mask given by the authorities.
- Students are allowed to take their own water bottles and sanitizers.
- Students are not allowed to take their admit card out from the hall but have to show it to the authorities and throw it in the dustbin there itself.
- Students are required to sign a declaration form with their photograph stating that they are not the victims of corona virus.
- The gates will be closed before half an hour of exam time.
- Five A4 size sheets will be kept at each candidate desk for rough work. if additional sheets are required for rough work by the candidate, the same shall be made available on demand.
- Before each shift starts seating area will be thoroughly sanitized-monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. Candidates can further sanitize with sanitizers bought with them.
- Candidates are required to paste a photograph and sign the attendance sheet only after sanitizing their hands.
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move in an orderly manner one candidate at a time.
- Candidates must drop the Admit Card and rough sheets in the advised boxes after displaying to the staff available next to the drop box. If any candidate misses to drop Admit Card or Rough sheets in boxes, action which also includes disqualification from the exam can be taken against him/her.
The results would be declared on the Second week of October, 2020.
for any further information visit the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in