Schools in Bihar will partially reopen from September 28, for students of Class 9 to Class 12 belonging to non-containment zones. An order issued by the state education department on Tuesday said that Classes 9-12 students will be allowed to visit schools for seeking academic guidance, following health advisories and SOPs issued by the Central Government.
However, hostels and coaching institutes in the state will continue to remain closed. Classes 9-12 students visiting schools will be subject to written consent from parents, the order said.
Bihar School Reopening Guidelines & SOPs
- No students or teachers from containment zones to be permitted to attend the school
- Proper sanitization protocol, as laid out by the Health Ministry, has to be followed before the schools reopen and thereafter.
- Only 50 per cent teaching and non teaching staff allowed to schools on any given day
- Only one third of students allowed to attend classes
- School management would be required to prepare a schedule for the classes such that students are allowed to attend the classes for two days in a week
- Wearing for face mask is mandatory for students whilst in schools – in classrooms as well as on the campus
- Instructions to manage social distancing properly to be provided to students and strictly maintained
- Students will have to carry their own hand sanitisers and wash their hands at regular intervals