All India Congress committees newly appointed General Secretary, Tariq Anwar, in-charge of Kerela and lakshwadeep, addressed the media at the Kerela Pradesh Congress committee headquarters and raised his voice against the bills passed by the NDA government.
He said, “Large number of farmers and agricultural workers are protesting against these bills and they are being suppressed by the government.”
He also added that in Rajya Sabha, the opposition wanted division on this particular bill but the deputy chairman rejected it and then the bill was passed without voting .
The Congress leadership has now decided to launch a series of nationwide protest for the agitating farmers against these anti farmers bills, which will start from 26th of September.
The series of the events will include as follows:
• 26th September – ‘Speak for farmers’, An online protest will be conducted. Where all the party members will be requested to join through social media platforms.
• 28th September – A March will be organised where the party members will submit a memorandum to the governor, addressing the President of India on the agricultural bills.
• 2nd October – On The birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi And Lal Bahadur Shastri, the Congress will observe, the ‘majdoor bachao diwas’.
• 10th October – ‘Kisan Sammelan’, Will be organised at state level.
• 2nd-31st October – Signature campaign will be organised where the party members will take signature from 2crore farmers, agricultural workers and mandi workers.
• 14th November – the Memorandum with 2crore signatures will be submitted to the Honourable President.
In th end Tariq Anwar said, “This time we will compel the central government that they should not play with the future of the farmers.”