Let’s discus something different today! I want to share a recipe that my grandmother use to make and some tips related to this recipe.
- Ingredients you require:
- Puffed rice or Murmure (base ingredient)
- Salt or Namak
- Mango or amchur powder
- Chili powder or Lal mirch powder
- Take some puffed rice in a container you want it can be a big or small bowl.
- Add some amount of chili powder into that bowl. Maybe 2-3 spoons or as per the spicy you want your dish to be.
- Then add 3-4 spoons of amchur or mango powder into it.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Lastly, spread some ghee into it and then mix it well.
That’s it! Your tasty snack is ready to be served. It can be served alone or with any other food item.
- Best part about this snack is:
- It requires less or no cooking.
- It can be easily carried anywhere whether we go to picnic or just for a walk in a garden.
- Just like maggie it can be served in just a couple of minutes. Hence, it’s a time-consuming option.
- We can adjust the amount of spices and puff rice according to our preference.
- You can change the order of adding spice into it. Its not compulsory to add every ingredient step wise as I listed above in procedure.
- We can eat it at any time we want, as lunch, dinner or as breakfast.
- You can preserve it in any container like any other preservable snack.
- Some tips that can add to your taste:
- You can also use Gram or Chana instead of puff rice as your base ingredient.
- To add more taste, you can add some roasted peanuts or any other ingredient like already roasted namkeen to it.
- You can also roast your puffed rice to make it crunchier.
- You can add some pieces of boiled potato.
I use to eat this snack a lot when I am starving and don’t have any other thing to cook. It’s a quick and easy option when you don’t want/have anything to cook.