John Keats was an English Romantic poet.
1. Touch has a memory.
2. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
3. Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced.
4. I have been astonished that men could die martyrs
for their religion–
I have shuddered at it
I shudder no more.
I could be martyred for my religion.
love is my religion and I could die for that.
I could die for you.
My creed is love and you are its only tenet.
5. Imagination is a monastery, and I am a monk.
6. We read fine things but never feel them to the full until we have gone the same steps as the author.
7. Don’t be discouraged by failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, in as much as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterward carefully avoid.
8. Poetry should be great and unobtrusive, a thing which enters into one’s soul, and does not startle it or amaze it with itself, but with its subject.
9. Life is divine chaos. It’s messy, and it’s supposed to be that way.
10. Poetry should..should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thought, and almost a remembrance.