James Joyce is one of the most influential writers of the twentieth century. He is known for his unique and complex writing.
1. Your battles inspired me-not the obvious battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead.
2. I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am what I established yesterday or some previous day.
3. First we feel. Then we fall
4. One by one they were all becoming shades. Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.
5. Moments of their secret life together burst like stars upon his memory.
6. The object of the artist is the creation of the beautiful. What the beautiful is is another question.
7. There’s no friends like the old friends.
8. Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.
9. All things are inconstant except the faith in the soul, which changes all things and fills their inconstancy with light.
10. Absence, the highest form of presence.