John Milton was an English Poet, Pamphleteer and Historian. He is best known for his poem paradise lost. Milton is considered as most significant English author after William Shakespeare
1.To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable.
2. The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.
3. Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven.
4. Innocence, once lost, can never be regained. Darkness, once gazed upon, can never be lost.
5. Give me liberty to know, to utter and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
6. Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep.
7. A good book is the precious life- blood of a master spirit, embalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life.
8. Freely they stood who stood, and fell who fell.
9. They also serve who only stand and wait.
10. Solitude sometimes is the best society.