Virginia wolf is considered as one of the most important modernist authors of the 20th century.
She is known for using the stream of consciousness in her writing. Woolf is best known for her novels, especially To The Lighthouse and Mrs.Dalloway.
Virginia Woolf’s best quotes
- “Books are the mirrors of the soul.” From Between The Acts.
- “I don’t believe in aging. I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun,” From A Writers Diary.
- “If you don’t tell the truth about yourself, you cannot tell it about other people.” From The Moments and Other Essays.
- “I am drowning, my dear, in seas of fire.” From To The Lighthouse.
- “I am made and remade continually. Different people draw different words for me.” From The Waves.
- “Each had his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart, and his friends could only read the title.” From Jacobs Room.
- .“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.” From A Room of One’s Own.
- Why are women… so much more interesting to men than men are to women?” From A Room of One’s Own.
- “As long as she thinks of a man, nobody objects to a woman thinking.” From Orlando.
- “A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.”From A Room of One’s Own.
- “For most of history anonymous was a woman.” Virginia Woolf
- “The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.”Virginia Woolf