Our hair is considered to be linked to our confidence and self-esteem for both men and women. Everyone loves their hair and wants to have strong and healthy tresses, but with our current lifestyle, we all seem to be facing a lot of problems regarding our hair health. Women and men have been reporting issues like dry, thin, frizzy hair and even premature graying of hair as a few of the many hair issues they face. Our hair is no doubt an important part of our physical beauty. Though everyone should love themselves in their own skin and embrace their natural hair, we can try these small tips to maintain our overall hair health and prevent it from damaging.
- Reduce the use of styling heat tools – Most of us might be using heat styling tools like straighteners, curlers, and hair-dryers to make our hair look manageable and stylish. Though these do succeed temporarily, heat styling does damage our hair to a great extent. The damage can be pretty serious, like dryness, split ends, hair breakage among other things. To avoid such damage, limit the use of these tools and excessive heat and always use heat-protectants on your hair while styling your hair.
- Eating right and taking vitamin supplements if required – Eating well forms a part of all the “good” lists, and it has to because whatever goes inside your body is how good you looks from the outside as well. Eating food rich in iron, omega-3 fatty acids and high in protein while consuming a well-balanced diet is the key to attaining healthy hair and scalp. Added to that, many people who are deficient in Vitamin D, B12 among others do face issues like hair loss and hair thinning. It is thus highly important to treat these underlying deficiencies with supplements as prescribed by a health expert to overcome hair issues.
- Massage your scalp – Massage your scalp, with or without using oil is essential for hair growth. This is because massaging stimulates your scalp and increases blood circulation which in turn increases hair thickness and hair growth. Use your fingers in circular motions every day for 5 mins (without oil) to improve circulation, reduce tension, and aid hair growth and thickness. Oil can be applied and kept overnight once or twice a week to make the hair conditioned and nourished.
- Shampoo only 2-3 times a week – Shampooing your hair does depend on how oily or dirty your scalp is and also the length of your hair, but shampooing your hair every single day might strip your hair of its natural oils causing damage and dryness. Prevent this by reducing your shampoo to 2-3 times a week or as per your requirement. A bonus tip here is to avoid washing your hair with hot water as water when too hot can damage your hair cuticles and hair roots.
- Using homemade hair masks – Some home remedies and hair care tips can prove to be the bonus point to get healthier hair. Using natural hair masks like egg hair masks, aloe vera, flax seeds gel on your hair makes it look bouncy, shiny, and makes it more manageable. Do try any of these and you will notice the difference in how your hair looks and feels afterward!
- Cut out the STRESS – The bottom line to achieving beautiful hair is to feel good from within. Stress can push hair follicles into a phase where they don’t produce new hair strands. Over time, hair can fall out more easily, even if you’re just washing, combing, or touching it. So try to cut out the stress and anxiety from your life and practice healthy living and keep smiling so that your hair goals of having healthy, lustrous hair are fulfilled.