The thief of time
IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING,YOU NEED TO WORK FOR IT.
First of all what is procrastination?
It means leaving your important work undone just for the sake of doing something unimportant which your brain perceives as easy.
There’s no single type of procrastinator, but several general impressions have emerged over years of research. Chronic procrastinators have perpetual problems finishing tasks, while situational ones delay based on the task itself. A perfect storm of procrastination occurs when an unpleasant task meets a person who’s high in impulsivity and low in self-discipline.
Usually it is categorised into Delayers, Perfectionists and the easily Distractible.
First you need to identify if you are procrastinator. Then seek help/make changes accordingly.
HOWN TO OVERCOME IT?
There are various books available which can help you restart your life:-
- ROBIN SHARMA -THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI
- JOSEPH MURPHY-POWER OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
- CHARLES DUHIGG-THE POWER OF HABIT
- JAMES CLEAR-ATOMIC HABITS
- ROBIN SHARMA-THE 5AM CLUB
- ANTHONY ROBBINS-AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN
- DALAI LAMA-THE ART OF HAPPINESS
Website informative and helpful:–
Some words of advice:
Its not impossible to break away from the chain.You can follow baby steps to come out of it.
- Analysing your screen time and taking note. Preferably sharing it with someone you can trust to keep yourself accountable
- If you work involves digital devices ,start by taking 1 hour off as digital detoxification in a day or once a week.
- Buy a watch,alarm clock to stop checking phone frequently
- Keeping devices out of your reach whenever working or studying.
- Posting motivational photos in your space .
- Reading self help books, motivational books or any books for that matter
- Trying to learn a new hobby
- Keeping a note of daily activities through a to do list
- The mantra here is to just start.If you are scared of studying a subject then automatically your brain will provide you reasons to escape.So,just begin reading it.Once you start,you get the link.
- Providing rewards to yourself for every productive day.
- Doing one or the other outdoor activity
- Try doing freelancing,internship somewhere to keep yourself occupied
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Open up about it to your confidant who can help you.
- Get closer to nature
- Growth attracts growth just like money attracts more money.
Never leave ’till tomorrow which you can do today.Benjamin Franklin