Importance of career counseling in today’s time
The word Counseling may seem a small word but its importance is quite remarkable. It is a short term with a great deep meaning. It refers to moral help, mental support, exploring the problems faced by the person, and give the needed solution. Good counseling requires complete trust between the counselor and the counselee. The main objective of counseling is to solve the problems faced by the counselee in order to meet his end or required goal.
Now that’s the basic definition or an overview of the counseling process. Now, our main objective is to understand the importance of career counseling in today’s time. Well, for that we have to understand what really career counseling signify.
Career counseling is basically a counseling process that helps you to understand your true self, helps you to ascend your dreams, helps you to have your dream course or career or rather your dream job. Career counseling helps students to make decisions about their careers based on their potential. It not only delivers advice and treatments but also helps to improve the overall personality of the counselee by scientifically designed aptitude tests and personality tasks. It is the gateway to achieving your long-term professional goals.
Now, after getting the true meaning of Career Counseling, a question arises that what is the right age to get career counseling? Well for that, the most suitable age is between 13 to 17 years. This is an aging period where a student faces a lot of transition both mental and physical. Like, a transition from school to college, physical and mental changes, career-centric questions, and thoughts. This is a very vital time in a student’s phase. It is the time where a student tends to divert a lot. Hence, keeping all those things in mind, it is the right time to consult a career counselor who will help and guide the counselee to get a proper career.
One more importance of consulting a career counselor is that they will find out the real talent, the real potential of a student and guide them in the right direction. Many times, parents and teachers cant be able to see or find the real potential of the student and hence they forget that every child has his/her unique capabilities. Therefore, career counseling shapes a student’s career as well as helps to point out their respective potential and talent.
Career counseling helps to get us the right career option and how to achieve our dream course. It helps us to understand our potential, capabilities, strengths, and weakness. It also helps to boost our confidence. Counseling not only helps to achieve our desired career but also discusses all the ups and downs we might face and also helps us to overcome them.
Career counseling mainly focuses on (in a nutshell):
- Helps to choose a right career: career counselors help the students to get the right career which best suited their strength and weakness. They guide them to pursue the right career based on student’s capability and potential.
- Provide expert advice: Career counseling not only focuses on assisting the right careers but also gives expert advice and resources, their scopes, and the way to pursue them. It is quite important because most of the parents don’t know much about the scopes of various careers and how to choose the right one for their wards.
- Helps in gaining self-confidence: The main importance of career counseling is that it helps in boosting the self-confidence among their counselee and helps him or her to pursue the right career, to overcome all the hurdles and problems that will come in his career path.
- Helps in stabilizing mental issues: The age of 13 to 17 faces a lot of changes both physically and mentally. Career counseling also deals with the changing of mental state or helping in overcoming unwanted mental behaviors. This involves the steps to eliminate procrastination, negligence on studies, breaks the unproductive work practices, and much more.
- Helps to eliminate career-related frustrations: finding a potential career option is really a hard task for students and their parents. It is not everybody’s cup of tea. As a result, they get frustrated and vent out emotions. Hence to overcome this type of scenario, one must consult a career counselor as they will get the best career option suited right for you.
Career counseling is the most ideal way to get the best-suited career for students. It helps you all around from searching for the right career to boosting your self-confidence to eliminate procrastination and all. Hence it is always better to take this all-around scientific-based counseling.