Due to the announcement of this much-needed lockdown, most of us do not have maids at home, even though the food delivery is available and some companies even claim to be following WHO guidelines but the ground reality of these matters is a big question mark. But don’t worry I’ll be sharing with you 5 super easy food recipes to eat during this lockdown.
- Basic ingredients
- Refreshing taste
- Minimum effort
- Least after cleaning time
- Peanut Papad Crunch – This recipe hardly involves any cooking. In a bowl take chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, a handful of peanuts, little paneer, and then season it with rock salt, black pepper, and chaat masala. Sprinkle some lemon juice and mix well and your chaat is ready. Now for the papad turn on the gas and on low flame evenly roast both sides of the papad. Either you can put the chaat over the papad or simply have them alongside.
- Bread Masala – This tasty and easy recipe might become your next favorite. To start with take four slices of bread and cut them into small pieces. Now in a pan put some butter add green chili and chopped onions then saute them for a while after that add your favorite vegetables and put some rock salt and stir fry for 2 minutes. As the mixture gets soft add a tbsp of Pav bhaji masala to take its taste to the next level, saute well then mix 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup and combine well. Now add the cut bread pieces to it and mix them gently to evenly coat the masala all over. Finally, garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve hot.
- Aloo Chana Chaat – In a bowl put one cup of boiled chickpeas, one medium size boiled potato, 1 tbsp of curd, 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup, rock salt, black pepper, lemon juice and mix well. That’s it now it’s ready to eat. Hardly any skill is required to make this one yet it’s tasty, filling, and easy.
- Mix Veg Pulao – When you are extremely hungry and feel like eating something proper this easy recipe will come to your rescue. In a pot put 1 tbsp of mustard oil, now add one tbsp of cumin seeds into it and let them splutter, now add your favorite veggies, and saute them for a couple of minutes. Then add green chili, grated ginger, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped tomatoes and finally, paneer, mix them again and stir fry them for about a minute. Add some rock salt and then add soaked rice along with the double amount of water. Mix all the ingredients once again and then cover the pan and let it cook on a low flame for about 15-20 minutes. After about 15-20 minutes your nutritious mix veg pulao will be ready to eat.
- Oatmeal – Sweet, easy, and feeling. This could be your super quick breakfast during the lockdown. Simply boil one glass of milk, once it gets boiled add 50 g of rolled oats into it and mix well. Let it cool down a bit then top it up with one ripe banana and drizzles some honey, you can even put some dates. That’s it your oatmeal is ready.