Our body is made up of 2/3 water so for the proper functioning of the organs adequate water is essential however the same water when consumed in a wrong way becomes the point for most staggering health problems like migraine, pain in the joint, improper digestion, skin issues, hair fall, lethargy, heart and kidney problems. The bad part is that 99% of the people drink water in the wrong way due to which they are unintentionally harming their body rather than getting benefits from this miraculous drink.
- Drinking water before and after meals – Gulping water after and before meals might be the most satisfying thing for you however this is the worst thing that you can do to your body. When we eat something our body temperature rises for proper digestion but drinking water just after eating instantly dilutes the gastric juices decreasing the body’s ability to digest food. One small hack that everyone should use is that instead of drinking water rinse your mouth with it before and after having your meal.
- Gulping down the water – In today’s fast-moving life most people drink water mindlessly, it might seem hard to believe but in reality, the way water enters your body can make a huge difference. If you drink water too fast anyway your body won’t accept it and would flush most of it out. Ideally one should slowly sip the water. To start with you can avoid bottles with a wide mouth or even better use a glass or sipper.
- Drinking Chilled water – Drinking chilled water can not only cause a sore throat but also has serious demerits. Firstly cold water contracts the blood vessels restricting the digestion process. Chilled water also tends to solidify the facts from the food making it tough for your body to break down the unwanted fats. If you want to drink cold water start using pots.
- Drinking too much water – Some people forcefully drink throughout the day even when they are not thirsty just because somebody told them that more water means more benefits. Proper hydration is necessary but too much of anything is bad and this holds true for water also. Drinking too much water causes an imbalance and the liquid moves from blood to inside yourself making them swell.
- Drinking water while standing – Today people drink water not just by standing but also by walking or even while running. When we drink water in a standing position our kidneys are not able to filter the water properly moreover in this position your muscles and nervous system are not relaxed and it creates difficulty for your nerves to digest the fluid fast. This may disrupt the balance of fluids in the body leading to greater accumulation of fluids in the joints thus triggering arthritis so it is best to sit down and sip water slowly.