At 14,000 feet Hampta Pass in Himachal Pradesh falls underneath those rare, dramatic pass crossings within the Himalayas. On one aspect is the lush inexperienced vale of Kullu — with forests, grasslands, and flowers blooming on the aspect of your path. On the opposite is the virtually arid, stark landscape of Lahaul, with barren mountains and virtually no vegetation.
Standing on the highest of the pass, what’s ahead and behind are 2 totally different worlds. It changes in a very matter of minutes.
What makes the dramatic changes heightened, even more, is however thrilling the climb to Hampta Pass is. For trekkers, crossing the Hampta Pass (even while not the scenery) could be a nice story of journey. they’re going to love the nervous excitement of ascension to the leave out several ledges, virtually showing to induce to the pass, however ne’er very certain till you get there
On this trek, you progress from one aspect to the opposite over a amount of vi days, covering twenty five metric linear units.
STEP WISE GUIDE OF THE HAMPTA PASS TREK/TRIP
Day zero – Reach Base Camp
- Reach Ramsu village early in the morning by taking a bus from Chandigarh. you’ll take a bus from Chandigarh or Delhi for Manali and get off the bus at PatliKuhal (15km before Manali).
- After reaching base camp at Ramsu, get finished with the registration method and breakfast.
- The day is reserved for acclamatization and for meeting with fellow trekkers.
- Post lunch, we have a tendency to go for Associate in Nursing acclamatization move into the close hills.
- In the evening post snacks, there’s a rendezvous and introduction for the trek. We have a tendency to wear gaiters and microspikes (used for walking on snow) and bagpacks (40L).
- We set-aside our Hampta Pass trek with tour operators, KailashRath. They did an honest job and organized everything well.
Day one – Hamta Dam to Chikka
- Reach Sethan by cab (arranged by the trek organizers). sometimes takes 2-3 hours to achieve Sethan.
- Start the trek by 11am. Lunch is given everyday within the morning before going to the bivouac that we’ve got to hold in our own lunch boxes.
- Trekking begins for the first bivouac – Chikka. The trek to Chikka starts from Hamta Dam and is straightforward. It takes around 2-3 hours to finish it.
- There could be a tiny forest patch so 2 wood bridges before you reach the bivouac. Chikka has huge rock boulders and fine looking water.
- Overnight we stayed in tents at Chikka.
Day Two – Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
- After morning breakfast begins the trek for Balu ka Ghera.
- Trek period is around five to six hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera, scaling to Associate in Nursing altitude of eleven,900ft.
- The initial part of the trek goes through the bank of a watercourse, crossing a few rock boulders. there’s a water stream that has to be crossed on the means.
- Balu ka Ghera could be a massive plain ground on the bank of the watercourse and tenting at this spot could be a dream actually.
- One will spot Indrasan, the best peak of Manali vale from here.
- Overnight tenting at Balu ka Ghera.
Day three – Balu ka Ghera to Shea Goru
- Today’s trek starts early because the most potential distance of the snow patch has to be coated before sunrise.
- The trek route from Balu ka Ghera towards Shea Goru could be a moderate climb, reaching as high as 14000ft at the best purpose.
- The trek period is comparatively long and starts by five am within the morning from Balu ka Ghera. It takes around four to five hours to reach the highest point of the Hampta Pass.
- The aerial views of Spiti vale from Hampta Pass is kind of exciting.
- We then descend from Hampta prime towards Shea Goru. The descent is steep and now and then once snow is torrential one will break to achieve Shea Goru.
Day four – Shea Goru to Chandrataal/Chatru
- After morning breakfast, begin the trek to Chatru.
- From Chatru, drive in vehicles to the majestic Chandrataal. And once soaking within the peaceful vibes of the place come back back to Chatru.
- We got our deposited bags and need to return all the issued gear at Chatru camp website. Certificates are provided by KailashRath for trek completion.
- Overnight tenting at Chatru.
Day five – Back to Manali
- After morning breakfast begins the car ride to Manali via Rohtang Pass. Reach Manali by around 1pm.
- You also can take a while off at Rohtang Pass or Solang vale for journey sports like paragliding, watercourse crossing, zorbing, rappelling etc.
- While booking come back bus tickets, it’s advised to book once seven PM volvo from Manali to stay some buffer time as there are probabilities of traffic at Rohtang whereas driving down towards Manali.