1.The snow leopard, commonly found in Himalayas cannot roar.
2.Mughal emperors would pit one-horned rhinos to fight against elephants. Most often the one-horned rhino would win.
3. Indian railways is the 8th largest employer in the world and the 1st largest employer in India.
4. The scientific name of the Great Indian bustard is Ardeotis nigriceps.
5. The goonch, a type of catfish, found in the Kali river has a taste for human flesh.
6. The blue peacock can be found in India and Sri Lanka, while the green peacock is found in Java and Myanmar(Burma).
7. The world’s first granite temple is the Brihadeswara Temple at Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
8. The Indian long-tailed climbing mouse uses its tail to hang from tree branches and reach food.