Staying focused on our tasks and having undisturbed attention to our work is something that all of us want to achieve. This seems to be a big problem among all of us nowadays because we have so many distractions around us. We find ourselves scrolling through our social media websites or watching innumerable episodes of a web series. This negatively impacts our quality of work, even making us demotivated to continue working. Staying focused increases your productivity, prioritises your tasks, reduces your stress, and improves the quality of work delivered. It is very important to stay focused as it is linked to the accomplishment of your goals and build your career trajectory. If you want to stay focused and attentive on your tasks, try these:
- Meditate daily – Start practicing mindfulness. Meditation is a great way to make your mind relaxed and reduce stress. It helps the ability to concentrate and boost your attention to detail and level of accuracy. Make meditation a part of your daily routine and you will start seeing the improvement in your concentration. You can start with as little as 2 mins and start building it.
- Taking breaks in between work – Taking a break in between work improves focus and concentration and helps you complete any task more efficiently. This clears your mind and you can think clearly and find solutions faster. Try to take a 5 min break between every 30 minutes of work done. Utilise your break to just take a breather, walk for time or sit by a window. Trust me it helps!
- Eliminate distractions – Your focus is bound to decrease when you are sitting in a crowded or noisy room. It is also hard to focus when you are constantly looking back into your devices or scrolling through your phone. That is why whenever you want to remain focused and attentive try to remove these distractions and work in a silent room or space. Keep your cell phones away for that time and direct all your attention to the work you are doing.
- Get good sleep – Waking up on time and getting good sleep for the required 7-8 hours is very essential for you to be able to focus and be attentive. You will get easily confused and distracted if you are low on sleep whereas your alertness and concentration will be on point when you follow a healthy sleep cycle.
- Keep practicing – Getting your focus on point is not something that will happen in a day. Keep training your mind to maintain your focus, by limiting the distractions and increasing your concentration. Set your daily goals and keep track of your daily routine. Stay consistent while you keep practicing to get better at being attentive and focused for longer periods each day.
- Make your to-do list – Knowing where you need to start and what you need to accomplish is important to keep you focused. This helps you understand where you need to begin and what are agenda points that you need to focus on while at work. Ranking your work based on its priority and allotting a time limit for each point in your list can help you be productive and complete your tasks with concentration.