Each one of us has failed at least once in some aspect of our lives. But that is never the end, you must try again. But, if the particular field that you failed in, does not interest you and you are doing it because of peer pressure only, then you should find something else that interests you and someday you will succeed in that field. What some people may consider success other people may consider failure so it depends on person to person and their ideology of success and failure.
Sometimes the fear of failure stops us from even trying something for the first time. For example, some kids who might have been rejected at school competitions may feel the fear of failure for the rest of their lives. Some people are not able to cope up with failure and they choose to drop that field forever, that happens because a fear of failure develops in them. They fear the judgment of society, and society does not help much, there are more people to discourage you than people who encourage you. But, you need to see that these people do not matter, you must ignore them and move on with your journey.
When you think that you should quit because you failed once or twice, you should think positively, and imagine the scenario where you achieve your goal in the next try. Give it a try once again, what could be the worst outcome?
Play practically, you should always have a backup plan too. If you are giving it your last try then plan B will make you feel more secure and safe that even if you fail you will have another plan. Set smaller goals, it will help you in achieving your final goal more efficiently.
When you experience the fear of failure, you procrastinate a lot, your anxiety levels are increased and you become reluctant to try new things. However, if your goal is important to you, you must not give up on it no matter how many times you have failed, no matter how many people say negative things to you.
SOME QUOTES BY FAMOUS PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER:
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” —Thomas Edison
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” —Albert Einstein
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill
- “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” —Coco Chanel
- “Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure.” —George Eliot
- “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed, and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” —Ellen DeGeneres
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” —Bill Gates
Categories: Personality and Self Help